Thread: Sew-What Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sew-What Pro

Has anyone ever used this to resize/isolate designs? I have heard it works well if you only want to do part of a design or want to resize it. I would appreciate any information.
    Pat
    Life is too short not to live it as a Texan!
    www.patchesdolls.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry Pat, I know nothing of this system.
    Thank You, Have a Day
    Yours Truly Miss Chatty Chatterbox

Post Thanks / Like

I have a demo of it, but I would like to hear from someone else who has used it. It looks really interesting.
    Pat
    www.patchesdolls.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use it all the time. There is a support group on Yahoo that is very helpful for using it. I liked it so much I also have sewicon, sewcat and I wil be buying Sewart next. They are constantly modifying and changing the programs based on the requests and glitches that may come up on the user end. All upgrades are free! I tried embird when I first started as a demo and just couldn't get around to figuring it out. SewWhat Pro on the other hand just came naturally to me. It also will take True type fonts and change them so you can add them to your designs.
    oldhag

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to call you an Old Hag. I do appreciate your help. I am going to try to find the yahoo group and check it out. I gave you a reputation for your help!
    Pat
    www.patchesdolls.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have never heard of Sew What Pro I am going to check it out. I had Generations and Embird but never could get it in my thick head all I needed to remember to do. thank you for heads up..Old., SHaron

Post Thanks / Like

I use SewWhat PRO and SewCat and SewIconz.
    http://www.sandscomputing.com

I highly recommend it. Have you actually tried demo it yet ?

Steve the programmer is wonderful. He is always
    continuing to improve, and fix any bugs , and add new
    things. I've had it for a few years, and so far all the
    updates have been free.

I first found the site when I got SewCat which is
    the ultimate embroidery catalog software at a low low price....
    ______ CANADA ______
    Ginny we Miss you !!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the website address for the programs they have http://www.sandscomputing.com/
    If you are wondering about the programs you can download trial demos of them.
    HTH
    oldhag
    (Donna)

mharen Guest

I have SewIcon and I swear by it. Don't know how else I could manage all my freebies! I guess I really never looked at the SewArt and SewWhat Pro programs. I think I will try the downloads, too. I have an older version of Embird, and it works well. Certainly alot of people use it, but it is maybe a little "too big" for me. One thing I have always liked, though, is all the support you can get from groups, etc. It is attractive to me that this other software has a group, too. What is the group called?

Thanks!

motoandnutty is offline The mirror lies; actually, I'm young and GORGEOUS!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldhag View Post
    Here is the website address for the programs they have http://www.sandscomputing.com/
    If you are wondering about the programs you can download trial demos of them.
    HTH
    oldhag
    (Donna)
    Thanks for the info Donna(oldhag) - I guess we'll all get used to your user name, but it does seem a little harsh on yourself! (You're going to have to get yourself a really beautiful avatar to balance it out a bit!)

Post Thanks / Like

Well Motoandnutty, you have to admit that you will remember me and not confuse me with the Millions of Donnas out there in the world. Oldhag came about as a play on my last name and has stuck.Plus it appealed to my weird sense of humour.
    oldhag (Donna)

Quote Originally Posted by motoandnutty View Post
    Thanks for the info Donna(oldhag) - I guess we'll all get used to your user name, but it does seem a little harsh on yourself! (You're going to have to get yourself a really beautiful avatar to balance it out a bit!)

Simpleuser2000 Guest

Is Oldhag your last name?

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. but it is part of my husband's last name.

Post Thanks / Like

Donna, I have played around with the Sew-What Pro demo. I think I will buy it. It is not very expensive, and if it does what I want, I will be thrilled. It is nice to talk to someone who uses it first. Thanks!
    Pat
    www.patchesdolls.com

eggyannie Guest

Default useing sewwhatpro

you can isolate a section of the design and cut it out you can isolate it and snip the stitches so that the next bit can be a color change you can merge other designs and even alter the way the colores sew out let me give an example,
    I had a lovely design for a FSL christams tree ball It had a nice letter in the center of it and would look great just put onto the tree But. i wanted to put a small pocket on the back so a gift could be placed in it.
    the initial was put to sew out last, this would mean it would sew out over the pocket NOT GOOD so i altered the sew out for the initial to be the second section done after the base FSL.
    the outlines were one color with no stop and i wanted to be able to stop the machine and place the pocket onto the back and then have the final satin stitich sew it all down neatly. I had never done this before so it took me a while to sort it out. Once i had found out how to split the two sections things were easy.
    i could sew out the base freestanding lace, then the initial in another colore. the next set of satin stitch was completed and a stop occured enableing me to place the pocket on the back and be able to sew it down.
    the result was a wonderfull tree gift pocket with the owners initial on it .
    these can also now be used for placenames with the after dinner mint placed into the pocket . I can remove the one initial and put in a name or two initials . a mornings play with sewwhat pro and it opened up a wonderfull world.
    to remove a section you simply select that colour and delet it GONE. if the section you wish to remove is the same color as another part then use the scissors section and simply put a box around the section you wish to remove and click and its gone,,
    a wonderfull piece of software that is so cheap but does so much. re size up or down and it wil. automatically change the density. want teh design long and narrow ok re size to that its your choice.
    sorry its a bit late for you but i hope this may help others to have a go . oh yes it will save in most formats and open them too
    try the free 30 day trial and yep its fully working so you can save the work you do. have fun annie in the uk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for pulling this topic back up. I have SewIconz and I don't know how I would do without it, but I didn't know about their editing software. I joined the yahoo group and I'll probably download the other programs after Christmas, when I have time to work with new software.

I tried Sophie Sew, but it kept freezing my system and the software was no longer supported. I like how SandS is growing and they already have a very easy fix in place for the known glitch with Vista. If you get that error message, they've automated the fix for you.
    Elizabeth
    This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

eggyannie Guest

Default useing sewwhatpro

I had one of the first versions and tried it out for a few days then realised the potential of the program and bought it. I am still learning things but sad to say have not yet conquered the font part of it as they all come out far too dense. allthough i have programs for both my janome and pfaff creative but i very rarely use them but rely on SWP to alter things and to merge and print off the designs. and change the format from vip3 to jeff and back again.
    I also have sewhatart but need to find time to sit down and realy get to grips with that one. I you need help with sorting out the splitting of the design when you get your own program then shout and i will put the webcam on and talk you through it as long as you have a yahoo ID i can use the phone to speak to you at no cost to iether of us. you do not need a webcam to view mine..
    annie in the UK

Post Thanks / Like

I usually get money for my birthday and buy a new village piece for next year. This year I think I will get Sew What Pro. I can do some of the things with the software that runs my Futura, but I like to mix and match design elements. I think this would be very helpful in doing that.
    Pat
    www.patchesdolls.com

Thread Information