Thread: In need of advice - Small font settings in Embird Alphabets

Post Thanks / Like

Question In need of advice - Small font settings in Embird Alphabets

Hi everyone!

I'm so sorry if this is a silly question - I am brand new to machine embroidery and am completely confused...I have the Embird Alphabets plug-in, and have purchased a few fonts which (according to forums) work fairly well when reduced to a small size (perhaps as little as 5-6mm)

I thought I was doing pretty well, but then I opened the 'properties' window and realised that I am still utterly lost without a map! I have no idea what on earth to enter in fields such as 'Density' and 'Pull compensation'. I also don't understand the meaning of 'edge walk' and 'zigzag'...

Is there any magic formula that any experts out there could share regarding the "best" settings to try for small text?

Thanks so, so much for any assistance

Samantha

Post Thanks / Like

When beginning embroidering I wouldn't mess with the density or pull comp. but the density makes the stitching less thick or tight standard is 4.0 pull comp will change the stitching for stretchy moving materials, in most cases you will not touch either one. When you get more comfortable with it play with it to see what you can do.

3. Thanks SamBeaumont thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the advice, I really appreciate it and will give that a try!

Thread Information