Thread: New, new, new to forums and machine embroidery

Post Thanks / Like

Default New, new, new to forums and machine embroidery

Hi there, all you experienced people. I have been getting an occasional free hourly design by Sick and want to get acquainted with other machine embroiderers. I am in upstate New York; work full time (that seriously interferes with embroidery!) and am a gramma to 6 boys, mom to a wonderful daughter and two sons; all grown; all out of state.

I have a new Husqvarna/Viking Ruby with about an hours worth of time on it. I 'learned' from a friend in Oklahoma while I visited my daughter and family in November. Actually, I watched, she stitched, but I was hooked.

Post Thanks / Like

sweetmarye, Your enthusiasm is welcome here! This site is the best place to get help and to share what you learn on your machine.
    maggie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks maggie. It will take me time to figure out how this forum thing works.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, you picked the right place, I own a Husqvarna Designer Se and have the basic software for it, be more than glad to help any time.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the wonderful world of machine embroidery...I have been quilting & embroidering for almost 10 yrs now - a gift to myself when I retired. I sewed clothing forever & when the 6 granddaughters outgrew Granny's creations - I gave it up! I have lurked in many websites to pick up info...and for most part it's beneficial. Ask and I'm sure you'll receive lots info.

Post Thanks / Like

It is so easy to get hooked on machine embroidery. I must warn you it is very addictive. For about the past year I have been babysitting my youngetst grandaughter. So I know what you mean about not having a lot of time for you embroidery and other things.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome sweetmarye to DBS. I've been embroidering for about 8 yrs, but was very hard while working. Now that I'm retired, I have lots of time to devote to ME.
    A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
    http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, and welcome to another CNY-er and Viking owner. I live in one of the burbs of Syracuse, and have a Designer 1. This is a great site, and the only problem I have is deciding what design to embroidery first.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! You will become addicted to this site as well. If you have any questions just ask and someone will be able to help you out. What kind of things do you like to embroider? I hope we see pictures soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you for the warm welcome

Quote Originally Posted by chris13212 View Post
    Hello, and welcome to another CNY-er and Viking owner. I live in one of the burbs of Syracuse, and have a Designer 1. This is a great site, and the only problem I have is deciding what design to embroidery first.
    Chris
    I understand the not knowing what to embroider first...so many lovely choices. I got a little seahorse freebie and it stitched out so nicely, I went back and purchased the set, and a 3 month membership. So, I have downloaded quite a few sets. I will probably need to get a zip drive or some memory sticks for the designs I have on a list to download. I'm making a little seahorse baby quilt...to be in the mail by Saturday a.m. to get to Oklahoma for a 4/3/12 baby shower for my 1st great grandson to be (expected delivery in July).

How many HV dealers in the Syracuse area? Do they have good sales people? What about their store? Do they have a good selection of stabilizers, thread, etc?

Post Thanks / Like

Hello..
    There are 2 HV dealers in Joannes in the Syracuse area...a new one out in Clay on RT 31 and one in Fayettville Mall on Rt 5. Rochester (Henrietta) and NewHartford (outside of Utica) each have a HV dealer in their store also. I stick pretty much with the F'ville store for classes, etc. All of them carry thread, stabilizers, etc...but you can usually buy it cheaper elsewhere. I buy my bobbins in bulk online, and stock up on stabilizer where ever!! If you have any other questions, send me a quick email.
    Good luck.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by granny elen View Post
    Welcome! You will become addicted to this site as well. If you have any questions just ask and someone will be able to help you out. What kind of things do you like to embroider? I hope we see pictures soon.
    I scrambled to make a baby quilt using the Little Seahorses set for my first great grandchilds baby shower (he' due in July); didn't get it done in time...but will send it along soon. Unfortunately, my camera didn't do as well as I hoped. Everyting was too light; have a few pics of the seahorses; I'll try to upload this weekend. I also, did three indvidually different shirts for 3 co-workers having birthdays this month. They came out okay..will also upload them soon. I believe all the designs were SICK designs...I especially liked the daisy monogram. All three stitched out very nicely. I'm totally impressed.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweetmarye, sounds like you are having a lot of fun. Hope you'll enter some of your completed projects in the unofficial DBS contest

http://www.embroideryforum.com/forum...l-2012-contest
    A smile is a curve that straightens everything out.
    http://thebreastcancersite.greatergo...igin=dbsFooter CLICK DAILY

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!!! you have really jumped in with both feet. Isnt it fun??
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

For a set of thread - very excellent quality and color range - check out this site for DBS threads and supplies. I have a 15 yr old Brother emb machine. DBS threads have always worked well for me.
    http://www.designsbysick.com/threads50colors.php

Post Thanks / Like

Nice stuff.

Henry

Thread Information