Thread: Tension with Brother PE770

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tension with Brother PE770

Ohhhhh well I am still having issues, the back of my test is showing almost all upper thread and no matter how I try to adjust the bobbin or upper tension it helps not a jot ..... well very very little. I was having a good nosey around the machine for thread bunnies etc. and I noticed at the top (where the No. 4 is) and the thread pick up lever is, if I shine my torch in there I can see some greyish fluff. Now I know that there is grey fluff/fur on the bobbin case which is obviously meant to be there so I don't want to go gung ho and tug this other stuff out if it should be there.

Can anyone familiar with the machine tell if it it should be clear or not. I'm kind of hoping that that is where my issue is 'cause at least I can now see something it might be!

Thanks in advance.

Mandy

crazygranny is offline Do I think I have enough designs? I say, "Never!"
    Post Thanks / Like

Mandy I have a pe 750 and there is no gray fluff on my pick up bar . but to be should if your does I would call a dealer and ask them if your machine should have it there. I hope this helps .

Sometimes a parallel universe, East Anglia when in this universe
    Post Thanks / Like

It should be clear. get some unwaxed dental floss, raise the pressure foot so all the tension disks are open and thread the machine with the dental floss. you don't have to thread the needle, just take the dental foss through the open tension disks and the uptake lever thingy. I do this about four times, the fluff attaches itself to the dental floss. I use compressed air also to blow the fluff out. Then again as my machine is now out of warranty I get the screw driver out and take it apart and clean it out that way. it is amazing how much fluff gets caught up in there. Wgen my machine was under warranty it was always a the dealers getting this job done. I was always charged a service fee each time, which looking back would have been enough in the two years to buy another machine.
    Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

Post Thanks / Like

Great, thanks so much! Now that I know it should be clear I'll feel ok about tugging on it Hopefully I can get it back to normal later today.

Sadly can't work on it right this moment (I'm eager to get making more things lol) as I have to get some packages in the mail to the UK - which will already be too late for Christmas ............. sigh all these things that take me away from my machine

Post Thanks / Like

HORRAYYYYY! Me and my machine are back in action. I cleared out any fuzz I could find or see, gave it a few swipe throughs with the floss (great tip Phillipa) blasted it with some air and after much backwards and forwards with both bobbin and upper tension, it's looking good.

Must have done about 20 tests to adjust, readjust and adjust again, but hey I learned a lot in the process

Sometimes a parallel universe, East Anglia when in this universe
    Post Thanks / Like

Mandy it's great to see some of the things I have learnt are working for others.
    Love like there is no tomorrow Life upon the Earth is not a burden to be borne, but a joy to be learned and shared with others

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all! I am a real newbie to embroidery. I purchased my PE770 back last Sept. and am having the same problems with the thread tension. My work looks real sloppy, if that makes sense. I see the gray fluff in the same area and am going to pick up some floss this afternoon. I am hoping that this will solve my problems as well. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Tabby

Post Thanks / Like

That gray fluff can cause many problems....I have a Babylock (sister to the Brother) and have vacuumed that out and solved problems. Thanks to Phillipa (think it was awhile back) for the dental floss suggestion - gonna give that a try on next cleaning...I should clean house as often as I clean machines!

Post Thanks / Like

Mine will not come out with the dental floss and I can't grab it to pull it out...

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't done the floss thing yet - however I have use a folded strip of muslin (~1/2" folded) and pulled it thru tension disks and gotten a gob of gray stuff. Here's a hint that I was told by sales lady when I bought my machine - never pull your thread out backwards - clip thread at point where it goes into thread track and pull the tail out thru the needle......backwards - thread lint goes right into those tension disks. After years of doing it wrong - I finally got into habit of doing this. I'm thinking this is the concept behind the floss being pulled thru. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Help! I am new. Have a new PE770. I am not sure how to use this forum but I am having trouble with the thread bunching up underneath the embroidery and loose on top. I have tried everything. The first item I embroidered must have been beginner['s luck because it was fine. I am trying to embroider canvas tote bag. The first one looks great. Then I started the second one. The thread started bunching up on the bottom nad loose on top. It even hangs up in the bobbin case, I have re-threaded, tried to adjust the bobbin thread, changed size of needle. Have removed and reapplied stabilizer (tearaway) about 5 times now. CANNOT GET THIS TO WORK. OF COURSE THE BROTHER CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT HOME! HELP!

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, Sugar, and welcome to the site.

Go to this thread and see whether it will help you: http://www.embroideryforum.com/forum...ighlight=pe770

Thread Information