Thread: New Brother PR1000

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Brother PR1000

Does anyone have a Brother PR1000, I would love some feedback on this machine, as I would like to purchase one...
    Best Regards Lynn R

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Lynn I just bought one last week and LOVE it so far. I haven't done very much though. so far the designs work beautifully. I've mostly done some lace ornaments. It's mesmerizing to watch!

blessings,
    Anastasia

motoandnutty is offline The mirror lies; actually, I'm young and GORGEOUS!
    Post Thanks / Like

If money were no object, that is the one I would go for. (Being greedy, I wouldn't part with my PR600II, but the larger hoop size and the possibility to split designs 'in machine' with a jumbo hoop would be fantastic!)
    The precision needle positioning with the onboard 'needle cam' would also be a boon! I spend a lot of time moving the designs around on screen, and that feature must make it a doddle!
    I'm quite happy with my six needles, because that already allows for easy use of many more than six colors in a design, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at an extra four, and I do like the look of the thread feed system, which must make changing thread 'on the fly' even easier.
    (May be one day................................)

Mal Mellor is offline My name is Mal & I am an addict - to embroidery of all kinds, machine & hand.
    Sometimes Greater Manchester UK, sometimes Torrox Costa Andalucia, Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Brother PR1000

Oh you guys & your fancy machines make me green with envy!!

Wish I coud afford a bigger more fancy one but cannot! WIll just have to get on with my 4x4 Innovis 900.

Post Thanks / Like

Before this one I had the Singer CE-150. I was so frustrated with the quality and small hoops. Now I feel as though I have gone to embroidery heaven! I am still waiting to get my software and I really want to get the border hoop. Granted, it is almost the same as my car payment now! I hope I can start selling goodies to offset that payment.Before this one I had the Singer CE-150. I was so frustrated with the quality and small hoops. Now I feel as though I have gone to embroidery heaven! I am still waiting to get my software and I really want to get the border hoop. Granted, it is almost the same as my car payment now! I hope I can start selling goodies to offset that payment.

gartner is offline I consider every design I embroider a project.
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you considered a 15 or 16 commercial machine?
    There are some good buys on them for less money.
    Try the Amaya XT - 16 needles, large hoops - made by Melco.
    Denise in Calgary

motoandnutty is offline The mirror lies; actually, I'm young and GORGEOUS!
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the number of needles is the most important thing - you can always change thread in one needle while another is stitching - I just think that the Brother machines are more 'user-friendly' for the home embroiderer. (the PR1000 is marketed as a commercial machine, but it is as friendly - or maybe MORE friendly, than it's predecessors.)

Post Thanks / Like

i agree that the Brother PR1000 is friendly.. I love its extra large extension work table.. (^_^)

Thread Information