Thread: Dish Cloth Scrubbies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dish Cloth Scrubbies

I made the dish cloth scrubbies without fabric behind and with fabric, then gave them to my sis to use since she always washes dishes by hand. She used them for several days and then washed them in washer and dried them in dryer. She loved them and wants more. Prefers ones with cloth not cut out.

2. Thanks Shastasmom, jand803 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw dish cloth scrubbies on another site for sale. They did not cut the back off and used a regular wash cloth. I am definately going to try some of these when my life settles down some. And I like the idea as well as using a regualr wash cloth, it would simplify having to hem and would all be a consistant size.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both for posting, I think I like the idea of keeping the cloth behind as well. I bought all the supplies now I just need to find the time to make them.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thanks for suggesting wash cloths. I have some new white ones and now I can try this out tomorrow. I wonder if using the bridal netting would make one suitable for using on the face??? Has anyone tried?

Post Thanks / Like

Bridal netting is softer and I have used that for body scrubbies. I would be concerned about the roughness on the face. but I do not know how old you are - when you get older, your skins gets thinner and has less elasticity and could be damaged easier. My dermatologist told me to only wash my face once a day, with either plain water or the mildest cleanser I could find, when I use makeup, and no wash cloth.

saskia is offline A smile just completes the presentation
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you for the idea of using them as washcloth for your face.
    In that case you can use the softer material for the scrubbingpart.
    But I think bridal netting is not strong enough. I would use some sort of nylon netting for it.
    I must try that some day.

Post Thanks / Like

Now there is a good idea, I think I will use that when I do mine

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the idea I am always looking for new projects.

vimesfan is offline It's all in the perspective. Try a positive one, like me.
    Post Thanks / Like

I was really glad when that set came out. I haven't had a chance to actually do them, but have been keeping it on my short list of things to get to first. I have been saving the net bags that oranges, onions and other such come in for quite a while now, much to the annoyance of DH, but had not figured out how best to use them as scrubbies. I just keep folding them neatly and adding them to a zipper top bag. I have a bag for each color of net, since there aren't that many different colors anyway.

And washcloths can be found in big packages for little cost. They are not the spa-level quality, but the dishes sure won't care. The netting would still probably be the first part to wear out anyway. That is a great idea to use them. Thanks.

I'm glad to hear some have tried them with good results. Thank you everyone.
    Cyndi
    So many embroidery designs, so little time. Sigh...

Post Thanks / Like

All of this input is good. I am anxious to try these, but haven't had a chance yet. Sounds like a good idea to leave the cloth in. I'm gonna try one over the weekend.

Thread Information