Thread: Husqvarna Topaz 30

Post Thanks / Like

Default Husqvarna Topaz 30

Has anyone had a squeaky embroidery unit? I am wondering if this is serious or can I keep on sewing. My machine itself is not due for a tune-up for another 6 months.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be concerned because squeaks are not good. You could have threads that slipped inside or a broken piece barely held together. I would consult my dealer if this was my baby. Mine did squeak just before she had a "heart attack". A small piece had broken off inside and had to be replaced; I did NOT go in right away and know better now.

3. Thanks susana thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Topaz 20, with no squeaking, so I can't help you. I suggest calling the Viking Gallery near you for advice. They have been super supportive for me.

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

susana you really cant judge going in for a check up by months if you have been doing alot of embroidery then it may need a cleaning. I have had a few problems with my topaz 30 and They just gave me a new one because of all the problems I was having. first it was the embroidery arm then it was the feed dogs then a problem withthe bobbin and then the feed dogs again all in 6 months of owning the machine. Hopfully you have the warranty on yours and you can just take it in and have it serviced and cleaned all at the same time. I know I am lost without mine but it is better safe than sorry. good luck.

6. Thanks teddy_rn, susana thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, again, susana!
    Like alexes5, my Topaz was replaced. Its problems were little, but repeating. Have you had your machine longer than the first year warranty?

It has been six months since you posted your question, and I am wondering what you did? Did you wait until now to take it in? What was the problem, and what did Viking do to fix it?

Being the owner of a Topaz 20, we use the same embroidery unit so you can understand that I am genuinely curious about this.

Hoping everything is okay now,
    gae

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the machine for 2 years. The squeak became unbearable and I finally took it in for repair. I was convinced that the problem was serious and I had heard that if parts are required it would take months for the parts to be received from Husqvarna. It turned out to be avery minor problem - needed some oil. All of which was done as part of a regular tune-up. I am back in business!

Post Thanks / Like

That is so nice to hear! My wish for us both is that all problems with our Topaz machines will be as easily remedied! I have a feeling they will be.

Take care! --gae
    Last edited by gaefrost; June 3rd, 2011 at 07:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I was told by a non-Husqvarna delaer that the Topaz was voted machine of the year - I think last year. I do think that it is a wonderful machine. I used to have a Janome, but I like this one much much better. I guess that we all have our favourites.

Post Thanks / Like

I had not heard that it was voted Number One, but I'm not at all surprised! A friend gave me her mom's Brother when her mom died, and it doesn't come anywhere close to my Topaz. It may be at the bottom of the line for Viking embroidery machines, but it has top of the line features, and the quality of its output is remarkable!

On top of that, I found out most other brands are not supported by software like the 3D package that comes with the machine. I commented on it today in the forum thread about organizing designs, if anyone wants to know more. Keeping track of each and every design is so simple for Viking owners, PLUS we have conversion software that makes it quick and painless to change almost every format into the one we use.

All that along with the SUPER support I get from my dealer---I couldn't be happier!

And I didn't have to pay $3,000 for my Topaz 20.

It has been fun chatting with you today. -- gae
    Last edited by gaefrost; June 3rd, 2011 at 07:35 PM.

Thread Information