Thread: Brother SE400

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brother SE400

Hi
    Does anyone have this machine? I got one and I love it!! I guess I would like to talk to others who own one to discuss the in's and out's and tricks
    Jeanne

Post Thanks / Like

hi jeanne
    i have the se3350 which is the se400 without the usb port. otherwist they are the same machine. i've had it for almost a year and have been very pleased... it's much quieter than my ols brother pe150 bot i find the menu options confusing....
    i really liked it when they used real light bulbs rather than the led lighting. how long have you had yours?
    the threading is really easy and i've gotten used to the thread cutting option...... rustyb

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I have had mine for about 3 months. I think this one threads really easy. The brother sewing machine for a really long time ago threaded very hard.
    Jeanne

Post Thanks / Like

I have the se350 too, and am really happy with it. Got it in february this year. I've used it so much already I think I'm going to have to have it serviced soon. Only thing that bothers me is you don't oil or lubricate it in any way and I'm sure it must need it somehow.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine arrived yesterday by Fed Ex. I thought it had a program to help you digitize your designs but can't find it. Does anyone know how to do this? I haven't even plugged it in yet. I put the disk in my computer and it had a guide and it also downloaded Roxio CD burner.
    thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the 400 but the 350 does not have any kind of program included for digitizing.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I went over all the research I had done and I had mixed this up with the Singer Futura 250.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jundem View Post
    Hi
    Does anyone have this machine? I got one and I love it!! I guess I would like to talk to others who own one to discuss the in's and out's and tricks
    Jeanne
    I love mine for different disigns. I got my machine about 8 months ago. I hve not found much that I can't do with it. I am even using it for free hand quilting.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Se400

I bought mine last days of june.Sewed regular for month so till I read & tried to understand embroidery. Did about 10 small things and it quit. Being retired and on limited budget I got it to have repaired under warrenty but they kept putting part coming in 5 times and been in shop since Nov9th and dont have it back yet and Brother will not replace it they have your money so figure you can wait till they finally get parts Very dissapointed in Brothers . Didnt realise this was going to take this long so while waiting I bought designs, Have to much invested in it to change brands but wish I had read more reviews on it. Maybe someday if I dont kick bucket I will get to embroidery again. 71 yrs old so dont have all the time to wait like they think you can Oh it was the needle supply unit (whatever that is) and part cost $104.00 plus what repairman going to charge I could have had new machine cheaper

Post Thanks / Like

I have the SE400 and love it. The only problems I have had with it have been user errors. This things sews like a dream. I had a cheapy Singer that just quit working one day after only having it for 2 years. When I started sewing on the Brother, I realized how much easier sewing is and I actually enjoy doing it! I do way more crafting now because of it!
    A penny for my thoughts? Oh, no. I'll sell them for a dollar. They're worth so much more after I'm a goner.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Brother SE400 and I have had it since July. It just started doing this thing where I can sew forward but if I go backwards at all then it ties the top thtread in knots on the underside of the fabric and it send the top thread down aroung the bobbin till it cant spin, and the fabric gets stuck to the machine and you have to cut it out!! So, I cant embroider, if I try it makes a big knot in one place and ruins the fabric . My husband just lost his job so I cant afford to get it fixed, anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this??

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure but if you post this in the Q&A section, I bet there are many people there who could help you out. This is probably something that happens on different machines, too, so they may know the answer!
    A penny for my thoughts? Oh, no. I'll sell them for a dollar. They're worth so much more after I'm a goner.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have had machine less than year it is under warranity. Please go to the brother site and find a shop close to you that is authorized to fix it. I bought mine at walmarts but local brother dealer is trying to fix it. The part was put on back order 4 times and sits in shop now almost 3 months. But now the repairman had to have hip surgery , but part is in but just got to get it fined tuned. Be sure you have recipt from where you bought the machine , listing it thru brothers is not same thing as having purchase reciept. That way free Good luck and dont give up stay behind brothers Betsy

Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody done hats with this machine? I found one attachment on ebay but that's it. Wondering if I should return it and get something else since I mainly want to use it for hats and knit beanies... Got it as a gift or at least I will have it tomorrow when fedex gets here.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Brother SE400. I just posted a playsuit that I made for my great-granddaughter a couple of days ago, made and embroidered on the SE400. For the most part, I love the machine. I've had it for several months now and am learning more and more about stabelizers and when to use which. I bought the 61 spool thread set and that works great in it. I have found quite a few hints here that have helped to improve the embroideries a lot.
    Jane

Thread Information