Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brother PE-770

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brother PE-770

I am brand new to embroidery and I have just purchased the Brother PE-770. I would like to load designs that I have purchased on the web onto my USB and download them to my machine. Brother will only do this in PES Format.
    Okay, this is where you find out just how 'new' I am to this.
    What is Pes, do I have to purchase software such as Embird, (yes I have been researching) or is there a less expensive way to do this.
    There is sooooo much information on the Web, that my head is spinning!
    I would really appreciate some help. I am so glad I found this forum.

Post Thanks / Like

No you do not need Embird software for just downloading designs. Pes is the stitch format that your machine takes. Different machines takes differnt formats. As long as when you down load designs off the internet in pes format you will be alright. And a lot of digitizers whom are so nice and give out free designs in a zip file has all of the stitch formats in that file. As for embird it does many and is use for when you are getting into some form of digitizing.
    Hopes this helps and welcome to the wonderful world of embroidery. It is very addictive.
    sewinsc

crazygranny is offline Do I think I have enough designs? I say, "Never!"
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a brother pe 750 and I went to the dealer and asked what I need to covent other design format to pes and to do a little designing of my own,he sold me the pe design lite . I can write to a card . there are other software saled for the brother embroidery machines check with the dealer you brought your machine from.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Felicia, PES is the format that the Brother machines uses.If you have a USB port on your machine you should be able to transfer the designs onto a USB stick and load straight onto your machine. If you don't have a USB port you can buy a PED BASIC which has a card you can transfer your designs on via your computer ,This goes into the emb machine and away you go. Hope this helps. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou Kathyg, sewinsc & crazygranny!
    I had looked at several Forums looking for answers and somehow knew this was the right one!
    I sew for a living and thought it was time to offer some embroidery to my customers, this seemed to be a great machine to start with, I am sure it is, once I have figured it all out.
    I am sure I will have more questions in the future.
    Have a great day everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, I have a Brother PE-700II machine is formidable and is equal to the PE-700 with the difference that mine is down the drawings with a direct cable from the computer to the machine. If you want to change cuaquier embroidery format embroidery .Pes is Brother format with a program and Wilcom good one that can be downloaded free of any page and embroideries that have served you for many things. Your machine also grows or gets smaller embroidery 10%, as fits a pattern in the opposite position, you have a great machine. Congratulations, Gaby

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Felecia! As you are discovering this is a great and helpful site. I sew most of my own clothes and got into ME to "dress them up." It has expanded to a small (emphasis on small) business. I make just enough to feed my "habit." If you decide to go with PED Basic you can enlarge and shrink designs on it. Once you put them on your machine you can shrink them even more in the "adjust" section however, you can not enlarge them. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone,
    Well, I am slowly becoming familiar with my Brother PE-770. I ordered the Ped Basic software and now see the limitations! I already have my first order for a monogrammed bolster 36", the design needs to be quite large to fit the scale of the item. I am already thinking I should have ordered the design lite! I am combining a scroll frame design with the monogram, this will have to be done in 7 steps.
    Any tips on how to do this, or make the job a little easier are more than welcome.
    Wallerubw, good luck with your business, I love to hear about people with a passion and turning it into a business. I am sure your business will be a success.
    Thankyou everyone!
    Last edited by Felicia; March 3rd, 2010 at 07:21 PM.

labeelady is offline When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Well, I am slowly becoming familiar with my Brother PE-770. I ordered the Ped Basic software and now see the limitations! I already have my first order for a monogrammed bolster 36", the design needs to be quite large to fit the scale of the item. !
    Felicia, I also have a PE-770. I bought it right around Thanksgiving. To embroider large designs, it might be of interested to you to get a 5" x 11" repositional hoop. That way you can hoop long items and just move the hoop from one section to another.

The widest hoop possible is 5", however. Designs created for the 6 x 8 hoops need to be reduced to 5" in order for them to work.

You would need a program capable of reducing the design to the right size. For what I do, I use Stitch Era Universal to digitize and reduce, and Sew What Pro to add lettering to designs. I also have Visual Stitch & Print, which is a free presentation program to view designs as they would be stitched out on your machine.

In using the repositionable hoop, you would need to mark your fabric with the center points where you want to put each design.

Good luck with your project!

Pat Harper,Carencro LA
    http://labeelady.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi labeelady!
    Thankyou so much for your help. I have purchased the larger hoop and it is a great help.
    I think the quality of the embroidery on this machine is great, but I do visit the Viking Diamond at my local Joannes on a reg basis!!!! The majestic hoop is to die for!
    I have found a lady who will sell me her designs and allow me to use them commercially, (I run a small Home Dec business, draperies, bedding etc) she will also resize them for me.
    Have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Programmable thread cutter?

New user: 3 days of trying to get this to work. I know that the thread cutter cuts the last thread in a design on it's own. I can also press the button to cut thread. In the specs it says "programmed thread cutter" but there is nothing in the manual about it. What do I need to do in my design software to make it cut thread? I put cut locations in my files and tried both dst and pes file formats, but it is just skipping over them as if the cut instructions aren't there. The same files (I imagine sew out fine with thread cuts working) when I took them to an outside embroiderer with a pro machine... because he didn't complain. It seems like this should be possible since it does it at the end of the sew out without pressing a button. Is there a trick or software update or something to make this happen and does anyone feel like sharing how they got it to work?

Thanks.

labeelady is offline When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thread cutter on PE-770

essen, the PE-770 only cuts the thread at the color changes and the end of the project. It doesn't see cut commands before jumps. I wish it did, but to get it to cut at the end of a letter, you would need to make each letter a different color.
    Then instead of changing colors, you just press the start button to go onto the next letter.

The programmable part is on your screen. Press the button that looks like a sheet of paper. Then use your left or right arrows to get to the setting for the scissors. You have the option of turning off the cutter or turning it on. if you turn it off, you'll have to press the scissors button at a color change.

Pat Harper,Carencro LA
    http://labeelady.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

thank you! I knew I wasn't buying a commercial machine, but I was hoping to make few bucks with this... playing the scissors game was driving me crazy. I don't need all the cuts done... just the ones where another design is going atop it. drawing the design in a manner in which the center is sewn first helps, but not always. Your tip oughta make the machine useable for what I need. I'll just use dummy shades of colors.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi i just bought the 770 and i can't wait for it to arrive. I am going to need to download a cross from a embroiderie site for my business. Can anyone point me in the direction of good site. i will be using the USB for this task. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skaplan133 View Post
    Hi i just bought the 770 and i can't wait for it to arrive. I am going to need to download a cross from a embroiderie site for my business. Can anyone point me in the direction of good site. i will be using the USB for this task. Thanks
    embroiderydesigns.com has a couple of free crosses that are kind of nice.

boltonia51 is offline Yes, my embroidery machine *IS* practically one of my kids!
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy stitching ladies. You'll have fun with your new Brother machine. Happy stitching

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stitch count and thread problem

Just got a 770 for Christmas and can't figure something out. The manual says it displays stitch count during the embroidery process (Very helpful if you need to resume after a problem), but I can't figure out how to display it. I've attached a photo from the manual for clarification. Following the instructions on this page still does not show the stitch count.

Also the package I got had the tapered end thread spools, which don't seem to work well with the spool caps provided (the thread catches on the front).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Alice, I'm glad you provided a pic. My sister has this same machine,, had the same problem and I had to help her over the phone. Not fun.
    Ok. On your machine go to the bottom just below the screen. You will see what I call a clipboard looking display button. On your picture it is directly below the > button. (you have a "u turn" arrow on the left{large} then a <and a>and below them are two more buttons; a hoop button and the "clipboard") Touch that. Now use the arrows on the screen to click to the right. You should see "embroidery #" "thread color", "time", then "stitch count". After you are there use the "uturn" arrow to go back to your regular display and the thread count should be there. Remember, when you are done just reverse the steps and get your color name or color number.

End caps. I use to have that same problem and my dealer said to quit using them. Just put the spool on and thread it without those caps. I've never had a problem since then. I think those caps are more for the regular sewing than the embroidery part.
    Let me know if this helps.
    Linda

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for replying so quickly to my delima. It worked! I am about to try stitching without the cap. Hopefully it will work for me.

Thanks again,
    Alice

Post Thanks / Like

You are so welcome! That is what is so great about this forum. We all have questions from time to time and it's nice to have a place to turn to where folks are so friendly and helpful.

Thread Information